Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Meal Planning Part 2

Here's what I plan on cooking over the next few days:

Wednesday
Spicy Beans and Wilted Greens
Thursday
Chicken curry with rice and banana fritters, made by my roommate Aniska
Friday
Quinoa Bowl and Baked Beet Chips
Saturday
Baked Shells with Cauliflower Romanesco and Taleggio
Sunday
Butternut Squash Carbonara - I made this last week and it was so good. Today when we got two butternut squashes I knew I had to make it again. This pasta actually took me about two hours, so I'm going to make a big batch Sunday afternoon.
Monday
Pasta leftovers
Tuesday
Steak fajitas with green and red cabbage

Breakfasts: yogurt with granola, banana almond smoothies, breakfast tacos (bacon + potatoes + fried egg + avocado + salsa), and citrus

Over the weekend I made Chicken and Dumplings with Mushrooms, using some awesome mushrooms from Far West Fungi. The stew was delicious, but I think my dumplings turned out a little weird. I had leftovers for dinner the next day and it was even better.

Last night I wanted something that was quick and transportable so that I could eat it during my Monday night class, Edible Education. I also wanted something that tasted fresh, after eating that heavy bacon-y, chicken-y stew. I used some whole wheat Baia Pasta with this Green Pea Pesto. It was awesome and I can't believe this but I can't wait to try more whole wheat pasta! Using frozen peas is a great way to get in some veggies without having to put in much effort.

Have a delicious week!

No comments:

Post a Comment