Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Meals for the Week of 1/22

I've decided to start planning out a week of dinners in advance; it really makes me feel relaxed when I don't have to come home and start brainstorming a dinner. Most of my meals are planned around my CSA box from Eatwell Farm, but if you're shopping seasonally you might have a lot of these vegetables too, and be wondering what to cook with them. The goals of my dinners are for them to be 1) tasty 2) easy/quick 3) healthy and 4) cheap. I've noticed that my goals for dinner as a college student often match up with most people's goals – food that is quick to prepare and easy on the wallet. So I hope that my weekly meal plans might be useful, enjoy!

WEDNESDAY
Butternut squash soup with garlic herb puff pastry strips

THURSDAY
Penne with garlic-red pepper-roasted broccoli, butter, parmesan, and poached egg

FRIDAY
Chicken tacos with avocado, red cabbage, and salsa

SATURDAY
Soy-mustard-glazed salmon with garlic-ginger-sauteed boo choi

SUNDAY
Roasted chicken drumsticks with carrots, onions, and thyme (inspired by Standard Fare

MONDAY
Butternut squash carbonara (from the February issue of Bon Appetit)

TUESDAY
Butternut squash and mustard greens frittata

No comments:

Post a Comment