Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Beautiful Palm Springs


For Memorial Day Weekend I went to Palm Springs (my first time!) and it was lovely. We rented a house with a pool and the weather stayed at a bearable 90ish degrees. We didn't heat the pool at all, the sun warmed it to the perfect temperature. I woke up every morning to birds singing, and sitting out in the garden I found myself surrounded by gorgeous hummingbirds. An adorable rabbit ran around the yard one afternoon. We put together some fast and delicious meals - guacamole, watermelon, and popsicles for snacking, lamb for dinner - and played games. Overall it was a lovely, relaxing weekend. I miss the view - mountains that looked like a giant wall of rock - and the birds. 

Guacamole:
Mash 2 ripe avocados with a mortar and pestle or the back of a spoon. Add the juice from ~1 lime. Add salt to taste. Optional: add a few sprigs of chopped fresh cilantro and about a quarter or an onion, chopped. Serve fresh with tortilla chips.

No comments:

Post a Comment