Friday, April 5, 2013

Dulce de Leche Brownies


There was a time when I hated brownies. Then, I made some. And I realized that brownies don't have to be dense and flavorless – when done right, brownies are moist and pack intense chocolate flavor. But I still prefer to eat my brownies with something else, topped with caramel sauce or whipped cream and strawberries. This is why David Lebovitz's dulce de leche brownie recipe is my absolute favorite. Creamy dulce de leche is the perfect compliment to rich chocolate, and its hard not to eat these brownies all in one sitting, straight out of the oven. 

Side Note: David has a recipe for dulce de leche on his blog, but I like to make my dulce de leche by placing a can of sweetened condensed milk in a pot of boiling water for about 3 hours. You can also find pre-made dulce de leche in stores.


No comments:

Post a Comment